Universal has released the first trailer for the latest Chucky film ‘Curse of Chucky’. It’s the first film in the series since 2004’s ill received Seed of Chucky. The straight to DVD sequel is out on Blu-ray + DVD + Ultraviolet Combo Pack.
Nica (Fiona Dourif) is grieving over the gruesome suicide of her mother when her domineering older sister Barb (Danielle Bisutti) arrives with her young family in tow to help settle their mother’s affairs. As the sisters butt heads over Nica’s plans for the future, Barb’s young daughter comforts herself with a grinning, red-haired talking doll named Chucky (Brad Dourif) that recently arrived mysteriously in the mail. But as a string of brutal murders begins to terrorize the household, Nica suspects the doll may hold the key to the bloodshed. What she doesn’t know is that Chucky has a personal score to settle. He’s determined to finish a job he started more than 20 years earlier, and this time he’s going to see it through to the bloody and shocking end.
The series will be released as a box set with Curse of Chucky included or individually.
- Synopsis: Voodoo and terror meet within an innocent-looking doll inhabited by the soul of a serial killer (Brad Dourif) who isn’t ready to die. After 6-year-old Andy Barclay’s (Alex Vincent) babysitter is violently pushed out of a window to her death, nobody believes him when he says that “Chucky,” his new birthday doll, did it until things start going terribly wrong. And when an ensuing rampage of gruesome murders lead a detective (Chris Sarandon) back to the same toy, he discovers that the real terror has just begun. The deranged doll has plans to transfer his evil spirit into a living human being: young Andy.
- was originally released on
- by MGM in 2010 with fewer extras. Here, the first film is presented in 1080p with English DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1, Portuguese Dolby Digital 5.1 and Spanish Dolby Digital 5.1 surround, and offers English SDH, Spanish, Portuguese, Cantonese and Korean subtitles. (No word yet as to whether the Universal version features a new video transfer.) Extras include:
- Feature Commentray by Alex Vincent, Catherine Hicks and “Chucky” Designer Kevin Yagher
- Feature Commentary by Producer David Kischner and Screenwriter Dan Mancini
- Select Scene Chucky Commentaries
- Evil Comes in Small Packages: The Birth of Chucky
- Evil Comes in Small Packages: Creating the Horror
- Evil Comes in Small Packages: Unleashed
- Chucky: Building a Nightmare
- A Monster Convention
- Introducing Chucky: The Making of Child’s Play
- Theatrical Trailer
- Synopsis: Chucky’s back! The notorious killer doll with the satanic smile comes back to life in this new chapter depicting the terrifying struggle between young Andy Barclay (Alex Vincent) and the demonic doll attempting to possess his soul. Despite being roasted to a crisp in his last escapade, Chucky rises from the ashes after being reconstructed by a toy factory to dispel the negative publicity surrounding the doll. Back in one piece, Chucky tracks his prey to a foster home where the chase begins again in this sequel to the enormously popular original.
Child’s Play 2
- is presented in 1080p with English DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 and French European DTS 2.0 stereo, and offers English SDH and Spanish subtitles. No special features are included.
- Synopsis: Eight years after seemingly destroying the killer doll, Andy Barclay (Justin Whalin) turns 16 and is placed in a military school. Meanwhile, the greedy president of Play Pals Toy Company decides to resurrect the popular Good Guys doll line, confident that all the bad publicity is forgotten. As the assembly line recreates the first doll from a mass of melted plastic, the spirit of Chucky returns to renew his quest and seek revenge on Andy. Once again it’s up to Andy to stop the unrelenting killer in this fast-paced thriller.
Child’s Play 3
- is presented in 1080p with English DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 and French European DTS 2.0 Mono two-channel mixes, and offers English SDH and Spanish subtitles. No special features are included.
- Synopsis: Serial killer Charles Lee Ray turned murderous doll Chucky is back. This time his girlfriend Tiffany (Jennifer Tilly) has revived him, once again in the form of the popular Chucky doll. Shortly after the happy couple’s reunion, Chucky kills her and brings her back in the form of a girl’s bridal doll. The two then embark on a killing spree en route to dig up Ray’s corpse, which was buried with a Satanic voodoo charm capable of bringing back the dead.
Bride of Chucky
- is presented in 1080p with English DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 and French Canadian DTS 5.1 surround, and offers English SDH and Spanish subtitles. Extras include:
- Bride of Chucky Spotlight on Location
- Feature Commentary with Director Ronny Yu
- Feature Commentary with Jennifer Tilly, Brad Dourif and Don Mancini
- Theatrical Trailer
- Synopsis: Making his directorial debut is franchise creator and writer of all five films, Don Mancini. The film introduces Glen (Billy Boyd), the orphan doll offspring of Chucky (Dourif) and his equally twisted bride Tiffany (Tilly). When production starts on a movie detailing the urban legend of his parents’ lethal exploits, Glen heads for Hollywood where he brings his bloodthirsty parents back from the dead. The family dynamics are far from perfect as Chucky and Tiffany go Hollywood and get rolling on a new spree of murderous mayhem, much to gentle Glen’s horror. Chucky can’t believe that his child doesn’t want to walk in his murdering footsteps, and star-struck Tiffany can’t believe that the movie will star her favorite actress, Jennifer Tilly (playing herself), who soon becomes an unwitting hostess to this new family in more ways than one.
Seed of Chucky
- is presented in 1080p with English DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 surround, and offers English SDH, French and Spanish subtitles. Extras include
- Feature Commentary with Writer/Director Don Mancini and Puppet Master Tony Gardner
- Feature Commentary with Writer/Director Don Mancini and Actress Jennifer Tilly
- Heeeeere’s Chucky
- Family Hell-iday Slide Show
- Conceiving The Seed of Chucky
- Tilly on The Tonight Show
- Slashed Scene
- FuZion Up Close with The Seed of Chucky Stars
- Storyboard to Final Feature Comparison
- Theatrical Trailer
- Teaser Trailer
- Synopsis: From the filmmakers that brought you Chucky comes the terrifying return of the pint-sized doll possessed by the spirit of a notorious serial killer. When a mysterious package arrives at the house of Nica (Fiona Dourif), she doesn’t give it much thought. However, after her mother’s mysterious death, Nica begins to suspect that the talking, red-haired doll her visiting niece has been playing with may be the key to the ensuing bloodshed and chaos. The return of America’s favorite toy, voiced again by Brad Dourif, is unrated and full of more blood-splattered thrills and chills.
Curse of Chucky
- is presented in 1080p with English DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1, French Canadian DTS 5.1 and Spanish DTS 5.1 surround, and offers English SDH, French and Spanish subtitles. Extras include:
- Rated and Unrated Cuts of the Film
- Feature Commentary with Director Don Mancini, Puppeteer Tony Gardner, and Fiona Dourif (Both Cuts)
- Living Doll: Bringing Chucky to Life – Featuring the award-winning work of animatronics company Alterian, this featurette shows the pain-staking detail involved with bringing Chucky to life and the army of people behind the process. A Blu-ray exclusive.
- Voodoo Doll: The Chucky Legacy – More than six films and a quarter of a century, Chucky, the possessed Good Guys doll, has been the playmate we love to hate. This featurette looks at why we’re still frightened by the red haired terror and recalls some favorite moments from the previous films. A Blu-ray exclusive.
- Playing with Dolls: The Making of Curse of Chucky – From scripting, to casting to shooting, this featurette proves that playing with dolls is definitely not child’s play! Follow the cast and crew of Curse of Chucky as they bring the newest and scariest chapter in the series to the screen.
- Storyboard Comparisons
- Gag Reel